TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Membership Renewal Car and Cash Draw 2018
1.a) Club Directors and Club Employees of the Ryde-Eastwood Leagues Club are ineligible to enter this promotion.
b) The immediate family members of Directors and Managers of Ryde-Eastwood Leagues Club are ineligible to enter this promotion.
c) The immediate family members of Ryde-Eastwood Leagues Club staff directly engaged in the promotion draw are ineligible to enter this promotion.
d) Contractors/Employees and immediate family members of Companies directly associated with any promotional activities/draw for this promotion are ineligible to enter this promotion.
e) Catering contractors engaged by Ryde-Eastwood leagues Club and their employees are ineligible to enter this promotion.
f) All other contractors and / or their employees directly working at Ryde-Eastwood Leagues Club at the time of the promotion are ineligible to enter this promotion.
2. The major prize, a Toyota C-HR Standard 2WD CVT Wagon motor vehicle (details below) is neither transferable nor may be exchanged for cash.
3. All decisions concerning any aspect connected with the “Membership Renewal Car and Cash Draw” promotion will be made by Ryde-Eastwood Leagues Club, whose decision will be final.
4. Entry to the “Membership Renewal Car and Cash Draw” promotion commences at 10.00am on Tuesday 1st May 2018 and ends at 5.30pm on Sunday 5th August 2018.
5. Participation in this game implies acceptance of all rules and conditions. The promoter is the Ryde-Eastwood Leagues Club Ltd, ABN 77 000 431 792, NSW LTPS/18/23596 issued under the Lotteries and Arts Unions Act of 1901.
6. All Rules and By-Laws of the promoter remain in force during the promotion period.
7. The winning member must be present at the time of the draw to claim any prize.
8. To be eligible to enter this draw members must have joined the club or renewed their membership on or before 31st July 2018, and be a financial member at the time of the draw.
9. Members eligible to participate in the major prize draw on Sunday 5th August 2018 are:
- Members that joined or renewed their membership for one year or five years or perpetual members between 1st May 2018 and 30th June 2018. (These members may collect three (3) entry tickets at reception when joining or renewing); And - 1-year members who joined between 1 January 2018 and 30th April 2018; 5-year members with an expiry date of 30th June 2019 or later and who joined the club prior to 30th April 2018; or perpetual members who joined between 1 January and 30 April 2018, or before that date - These members may pick up their three (3) entry tickets on the major prize draw day on 5th August 2018 between 3.30pm and 5.15pm.
- Members who renew or join the club for one (1) year or five (5) years or Perpetual between 1st July 2018 and 31st July 2018 will be issued with one (1) entry ticket when they renew or join. The cutoff time and date for tickets to be issued into the Membership Renewal Car and Cash Draw promotion is 11.59pm on 31st July 2018. Members who join or renew after 31 July 2018 are ineligible to receive a ticket.
HOW TO ENTER & THE MAJOR DRAW
10. On Sunday 5th August the entry ticket barrel will be open from 3.30pm and will close at 5.30pm. No entry tickets will be accepted into the barrel after 5.30pm. The only exception would be eligible members picking up their tickets on the day by 5.15pm but only those members who are in the queue for pickup before 5.30pm. (There are also eight (8) cash draws every Wednesday from 6 June to 25 July, covered under trade promotion permit LTPM/18/02714, when members also have the chance to obtain a ticket into the Membership Renewal Car and Cash Draw on Sunday 5 August).
The total prize value for the “Membership Renewal Car and Cash Draw” promotion is variable, with a minimum value of $32,500 up to a maximum value of $130,500. There are 16 prizes to be won in total.
a. Sunday 5th August –The draw starts at 6.00pm. Initially, 10 members will be drawn from the barrel – 3 names drawn at 6.00pm, 3 names drawn at 6.15pm, and 4 names drawn at 6.30pm. The winning entrants will be called to the draw area and asked to select from fifteen (15) envelopes in a prize barrel in the order they were drawn (1–10).
b. Each envelope will contain a special key that each member drawn may try to unlock a special lock box with a model Toyota car inside.
c. If one of the ten keys opens the locked box then that member wins the Toyota C-HR Standard 2WD CVT Wagon motor vehicle.
d. If the chosen key does not open the locked box then each member will pick from a board containing fourteen (14) or the remaining number of envelopes, each containing a cash prize (see below for list of cash prizes). If the car is won before the member’s turn to try their key, they will choose an envelope from those remaining on the cash board.
e. After the first ten members have collected their prize, a further five names are drawn. If the car has not already been won then the same procedure applies: members select a key and try to unlock the display box.
If unsuccessful, they pick a cash prize envelope from the board. If the car has already been won, the remaining five (5) members select an envelope from the cash prize board.
11. No proxy may be used on behalf of any winner for any part of this promotion. Members may only deposit their own entry ticket(s) into the barrel for the major draw.
11.1 If any member is drawn out a second time the club reserves the right to scrutinise that the member drawn is in a membership category eligible to qualify for receiving three (3) tickets. Any member found to have entered more than their allocated ticket quota into the Membership Renewal Car Draw will be subject to disqualification from the promotion, including any first prize they may have won.
11.2 If a member is fortunate to be drawn out more than once and win the car with their key selection, they will win a $100 consolation prize for any subsequent draws, and another member will be drawn out to pick the final (14th) cash envelope off the prize board. This clause only applies if the member has won the car with an earlier drawn ticket.
12.1 At the end of this process there will be one final draw. All fifteen (15) tickets drawn for the previous draws described above will be placed back into the draw barrel.
12.2. After the draw barrel has been thoroughly spun, one ticket will be selected. The winning ticket member will be called to the prize area where forty (40) prize envelopes (in the denominations below) will be placed on a table:
- Five (5) Mega $100,000 envelopes
- Six (6) Major $50,000 envelopes
- Nine (9) Mini $10,000 envelopes
- Twenty (20) $2,000 envelopes
12.3. The winning member opens an envelope and the promotion host will put the prize note on a board. The winning member then repeats until they have five (5) of the same prize. At this point the contest ends and the winning prize member get the prize which has been drawn five (5) times.
12.4 At the end of the promotion all entry tickets will be deemed invalid and will not carry over to any other draw.
13. Instructions on ‘How to Enter’ and ‘The Major Draw’ form part of the Terms and Conditions of this Promotion.
14. Each winner will have four (4) minutes to claim their prize. If after four (4) minutes the winner has not come forward, they will be deemed not present and a redraw will take place.
a. Winning numbers will be announced over club PA to the Auditorium, Function Centre, Ground Floor and the Hawk’s Lounge areas only.
15. Promotion entrants and claimants must have their membership card with them when collecting their prize on the night.
18. If for any unforeseen reason a technical problem occurs, the Promoter reserves the right to delay the draw within a reasonable amount of time.
19. The Promoter (including its employees, agents and contractors) has no liability to any person for injury (including death), loss of damage (including any liability arising out of any negligent act or omission of the Promoter) whatsoever, however arising in connection with the competition.
20. Any failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions will result in immediate disqualification of the selected winner. Disqualifications will be at the discretion of Ryde-Eastwood Management and no correspondence will be entered into. If a disqualification results, a redraw will take place at the end of the major draw.
- 1 X 2018 Toyota C-HR Standard 2WD CVT Wagon including dealer delivery, registration, CTP and on road costs. (N.B. Comprehensive insurance is the responsibility of the prize winner. Total Cost: $27,500
- 2 X $500 Cash
- 8 x $200 Cash
- 4 x $100 Cash
- 1 x chance to win up to $100,000 cash as per clause 12 above.